Here is the agenda for WordCamp Victoria 2012, subject to changes, of course.
We are in the Social Sciences & Mathematics (SSM) building at UVic, rooms are SSMA 102, 104, 110 and 120. Registration will be in the lobby area.
The Happiness Bar is open from 8:20am to 5:00pm.
For a description of the talks below, click the title. For a list of speakers, including their company information, and the target and skill level their talk is directed to, visit the Speakers page.
- Entrance Area – Registration Opens, Informal Coffee/Tea
- Lobby Area – Happiness Bar Opens
- Room 120 – Welcome to WordCamp, Announcements & Door Prizes!
9:10am – 10:00am
- Room 120 – KEYNOTE – Mike Vardy, WordPressive: WordPress Delivers the Goods
- Room 110 – Beth Campbell Duke, Using WordPress to Find Work You LOVE
- Room 102 – Graham Nott, Blog Search Using Solr
10:10am – 11:00am
- Room 120 – John Overall, WordPress 101
- Room 110 – Cheryl DeWolfe, Multimedia Plugins: Adding Sizzle to the Steak!
- Room 104 – Angela Crocker, Take Your BuddyPress Community from Blah to TA-DAH!
11:10am – Noon
- Room 120 – Al Davis, After the install: Ten things you should do before writing your first post
- Room 110 – Raul Pacheco, Grow Your Online Community Around Your Blog Using WordPress
- Room 102 – Mike DeWolfe, Drupal to WordPress
- Room 104 – Janis La Couvée and Brenda Johima, Disclaimers, disclosures, attribution and copyright
- Lobby Area – LUNCH
1pm – 1:50pm
- Room 120 – Robin Heppell, Building Your Virtual Marketing Platform on Your WordPress Website
- Room 110 – Morten Rand-Hendriksen, Can WordPress really do that? A case study of vierderduer.no
- Room 102 – Beth Cougler Blom, Genuine Blogging
- Room 104 – George Plumley, Embracing, Not Just Understanding WordPress
2pm – 2:50pm
- Room 120 – KEYNOTE – Rebecca Bollwitt, Time Management with WordPress
- Room 110 – Catherine Novak, Wild About Weaver: A (nearly) WYSYWYG CSS Wrangler
3pm – 3:50pm
- Room 120 – Adam Ungstad, 10 Easy Ways to Improve the User Experience of your WordPress Site
- Room 110 – Ben Lobaugh, The Proof is in the Pudding – Yep it works with Microsoft
- Room 102 – Stuart Hertzog, Multisite – One Installation Shall Rule Them All!
- Room 104 – Craig Spence, Why WordPress works so well as a Dynamic Creative Writing Environment
4pm – 4:50pm
- Room 120 – Lorraine Murphy, WordPress for Activism
- Room 110 – John S. Richards, Screen Casting: Tips, Tricks & Techniques. Unleash the TV Studio in Your Laptop
- Room 102 – Chris Whiteley, Blog Comments: Validation of How Awesome You Are
- Room 104 – Chris Burdge, Leveraging Social Media to Generate Blog Community
Don’t forget to enter the Investors Group draw to win a ticket to Social Media Camp 2012.